Manual wheelchair users on several occasions have to be dependent on others. Our project opens up possibilities to be largely independent
Features of the project:
- Being a low-cost and portable unit that is easy to install and maintain, it becomes an attractive option for many in India and other developing countries
- Smartphone based gesture control helps the user to remotely call the wheelchair to his/her place
- Accelerometer based gesture control helps the user with very limited mobility to become independent
- Clip-on mechanism for propulsion unit makes the user retain independence while he/she travels in bus/car/train etc.,
- Apart from this clip-on unit, we are also attempting to create a totally redesigned futuristic wheelchair that is affordable to the users in India and other developing countries.
Team size: 12 student interns from various streams of Engineering